Thursday, September 4, 2014

This may look similar to previous posts, but these are all new I-spy blocks. I have now finished making the blocks and with a couple hundred of them have plenty to choose from to make a quilt for my grand nephew. Unfortunately, he still does not have a king-sized bed.

However, it has come to my attention that sometimes this perfect child becomes a bit tired and allows his evil twin to make an appearance. Aha! This means the evil twin should get a quilt too. I plan to make a reversible quilt--happy, loving and nice on one side, and pure evil on the other. The three middle images in the second row of the image above are more scary than evil. But I think we can all agree that the remaining images show some of the darker sides of life.

And please forgive me for sewing instead of continuing to read Tommy's Policies and Procedures manuals. The 8 point font is hard to read even with all the capitalizations and bold. At least I now know why the printer is out of red ink.

Plus I have to handle Tommy's will. He has bequeathed all of the fabric to Vicki W., while Cassie T. gets all of the weaving and art supplies. Plus all of the kitchen appliances. Mystic Quilter gets all of the kittens. while Tommy's photos go to Judy D. and his ten volume set of Tommy's Sage Advice to Cats and Kittens goes to his love interest in Sacramento. Unfortunately, I first have to locate his lawyer Fluffy McKibble. I'm going to start my search by putting a bowl of kibble out on the back deck and see what happens.

5 comments:

Denise from Sacramento said...

Ahh you have made me laugh! You have such a wonderful sense of humor. But I would be careful of setting kibble on the back deck considering the bear that was in your garden the other day.

Vicki W said...

I agree with Denise given the critters that yo have in your neighborhood! I love the idea of a reversible i-spy. That will keep him occupied for hours! His parents will thank you.

Mystic Quilter said...

Reversible quilt is a great idea. Now on to the kittens - when will they be arriving at my place?

Cassandra Tondro said...

Wait . . . what??? No! DO NOT send me anything. However, I have two orange cats for you to chose from. The short hair would especially like to be the only cat in a new home. Even the homeopath said so.

Judy Dietrich said...

I love the idea of the two sided quilt!!! What a great way to keep him busy. Don't we all have an evil twin that comes out when we are on overload?? I was thinking about you today, knowing that you were probably seeing an imaginary tail going by you while you were sewing. It is hard, my best cat passed away over 3 years ago (he was only 12) He got something in his system in our neighborhood--poisonous--creepy neighbors try to kill everything in sight with all their chemicals. A new rescue cat came to live with me last fall, and it not the same---but I love the purrrs.