Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Ocean Waves Finish

Here's the finished Ocean Waves quilt that I started many decades ago. I began it to try making half square triangles on the bias. I was not a fan of the method...and the quilt stalled. Then I decided to finally put it together when Vicki W. had her HST challenge.

And then it seemed to be the obvious choice to donate for a local quilt auction, because wasn't it the ocean waves that attracted us to Central VA in the first place. And to top it off, the organization that will benefit is named Mountainside.

Meanwhile, the lions have taken their place on the design wall as a not so subtle hint that they would like me to work on them next.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Ocean Waves is an appropriate name for your gorgeous quilt in shimmery blues. I'm making an ocean waves but not the real official way you did...the alternate easier (aka lazier) method with my 30s repro 2.5 inch scraps.

And I'm not lion when I say those big kitties are cute. I'm wondering what you will do with them next.

Vicki W said...

It turned out great! Aren't you glad you finished it?

Teresa in Music City said...

Love your Ocean Waves - beautiful colors :*)

gayle said...

I love the richness of batiks - that quilt is absolutely gorgeous!
Can't wait to see what's making the lions dance!

Sue SA said...

Well done finishing the ocean waves quilt, it looks great. The lions are a roaring success, waiting to see what they morph into!

Mystic Quilter said...

Hasn't Ocean Waves turned out a real treat!! Looking beautiful. as indeed are your happy lions!

Magpie Sue said...

Good job finishing the Ocean Waves quilt! It looks fabulous and will no doubt be loved by its' new owner (whoever that may be, whenever it happens!).