Monday, November 23, 2015

Darting fish and cats

I think this will be the final layout for the darting fish quilt. Of course, this just shows all the green blocks, and I also have to figure out how to lay out the colors as well. I won't be able to do that until I make more fish...a lot more fish. It turns out I only have about half of what I need. Unless I make the quilt for a small fish.

And let this be a warning to those of you who wander the web looking for quilting fellowship and inspiration. There may be some out among us who may lead us down the path of financial ruin...and yes...in this case I'm pointing my paw at Cat Patches who had the nerve to share a presentation by Violet Craft, who designed the fabric shown above

Meanwhile, Team Storm is still recovering from their trip to the shelter. Typhoon only recently joined us in play again. And both Hurricane and Typhoon are on edge. Yet, to extend Cyclone's confidence, I have begun to leave the bathroom door ajar so Cyclone can sneak out and explore the hallway where I have more cat toys. Yesterday, a horrendous crunching noise scared Hurricane and Typhoon into their hidey hole. Cyclone had discovered the crinkly tunnel in the hallway. Apparently it scared her too, because she came running back and straight into the hidey hole. Eventually, playtime was restored. But then, crunch, crunch, crunch. The tunnel had been so scary, Cyclone just had to go back.

3 comments:

gayle said...

I've been lusting for those cat's eyes, too.
Cyclone returns to the scary tunnel for the same reason that people go on a roller coaster more than once. Yeah, I don't know what the reason is, either...

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely setting for the fish and your cat fabric is adorable - and in every colour I guess!

Cathy said...

That zigzag layout is wonderful. With a name like that I guess Violet Craft was born to be a designer. The cat eyes fabric is perfect for that quilt with all eyeballs my grandson still insists I need to make. And what a bunch of scaredy-cats you are raising.