Today I wanted to figure out the layout of the fish so I can figure out how many more I need. Unlike the fish I made last year, each of the stripey fish take longer to make. The first order of business was to make a shark fish to chase the owls off the design wall.
I finished four more blue fish.
This is this week's catch of blue fish.
I had already decided that I wanted the fish to switch directions in each row to form a zig zag pattern, but I still hadn't figured out the color layout. Here I tried a bit of a diagonal layout for the colors, hoping that this way I could get around having so few yellow and pink fish. But this doesn't really work given the overall pattern.
This vertical column layout makes a lot more sense, but I will have to make a lot more fish. I think I need a separate column of yellow and orange fish. Also a separate column of the black fish. I had a lot of green fish left over if the green fish only gets one column.