Saturday, April 30, 2016

Bounding bunnies and carrots

For the last orange week of April, I thought I would serve carrots. However, I made these for last year's Rainbow Challenge bounding bunny quilt.

I have finally gotten all the bounding bunnies rounded up and sewn them together with a two inch sashing. The carrots will go in the middle.

I am showing a photoshop compilation of what the bunnies and carrots will look like when sewn together because Molly was not letting me use the design wall. (And Typhoon is only an innocent bystander, or I should say gawker.) I will sew the final last two seams when cats are sleeping and my nerves are less frayed.

Meanwhile, I suggest you visit the other participants in the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge and see what they are serving up for the fifth and final week of orange.

19 comments:

Turid said...

So fun. Orange is the perfect colour to make food for the rabbits.

gayle said...

Looks like your bunny quilt is about 9.5 cats tall. Or at least 9.5 Buddy/Typhoons tall.
(I love these bounding bunnies, and plan to make some myself. Maybe a table *runner*...) (sorry)

Vicki W said...

I love the carrot blocks. Can't wait to see it all together if you are allowed to show it.

Grandma said...

Love the carrots with the bunnies!

LA Paylor said...

you've gone bunny crazy! Those carrots are Great with them. LeeAnna

Julie in GA said...

That is a wonderful, colorful group of bunnies! What do you call a group of rabbits anyway? (According to Wikipedia, it's a colony or a nest, unless they are domestic rabbits, which are called a herd.)
The carrots are the perfect addition!

Ivani said...

perfect blocks to join all those colorful rabbits.
Have a wonderful week

Barbara said...

The carrots and the bunnies are adorable together. Love what you're doing here.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness... what a terrific quilt! So fun and creative!

Cathy said...

Those carrots placed in alternating orientation are so cute! I hope the bunnies remember to share. WHat!?! Do your kitties fray your nerves? Remember, it could be worse - they could be human teenagers! ;-)

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh this is looking good - love the setting for the carrots!

PaulaB quilts said...

Sally, in the box with my latest WIP project I discovered another ton of orange, mostly strips. Maybe I should send them to you to feed that army of varacious bunnies.

Kathy S. said...

Oh my goodness, Sally. This bunny quilt is adorable! LOVE those carrots!!! (well, and the bunnies!!!)

scraphappy said...

Carrots and bunnies. What a perfect combination!

Angie said...

Bunnies and carrots...why am I thinking of a certain cartoon rabbit?

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is turning out to be the cutest quilt EVER!!!

Lynne Stucke said...

Adore the bounding bunnies!! The carrots were the perfect finishing touch!!!!

Linda Smith said...

Quilting should be fun. This fits the bill exactly. Beautiful.

Sue SA said...

Fantastic, love this design!