Monday, April 11, 2016

Monkey 0.0

This monkey is definitely a step backward from Monkey 1.0. Some of its problems may be due to the fabric choices, but there are structural issues as well. For the eyes, I used a black on white polka dot which changed the expression from mean to caffeinated. I will be going back to the drawing board.

Here are the monkeys side by side. I thought I would give the monkey better legs, but the new monkey just looks like a girl monkey in an old timey dress. On the positive side, new monkey makes me like the first monkey a lot more.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

I think the new monkey is just sitting in the Lotus position. Original monkey just needs the corners of his mouth upturned (or anger management lessons). And We certainly don't want caffeinated monkeys jumping on the bed.

gayle said...

I like Old Monkey better, but it looks like he doesn't particularly like me...

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like them both. I think they look good together, sitting behind desks in a classroom, ready to take instruction.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I would put one or two triangles on the tails to curve them a bit.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You could just have boy and girl monkeys? You are really creative!

floribunda said...

it's evolution, right? I think you should name the first one "Darwin"...

Vicki W said...

I kind of like the crazy eyes!

Julianne said...

Caffeinated!!! LMAO!!!