Sunday, May 29, 2016

Spin out

Today I launched into a scrap project that I think I will scrap. I started with the delightful little spinners in Jen Kingwell's book Quilt Lovely. I used 1.5 inch strips that makes these finished 4 inch blocks.

I haven't been able to find a layout I like. Happily, there is a fox yapping out in the yard which is distracting Molly from clearing off the design wall so I have been allowed some time to fiddle. By morning, I am sure the blocks will be in a nice pile on the floor and that will mark the end of this diversion.


7 comments:

gayle said...

Hmm... A block with so much potential. (And dang it, my book isn't within reach.)
Maybe not offset?
Ah, well. I'm sure Molly will have thought of another arrangement by morning.

Mystic Quilter said...

I have this book and can't just recall this block - my book is not within reach (same as Gayle) because I have a very sleepy kitten on my lap., but I will go and find it as soon as I can.

Cathy said...

Don't scrap it! (or if you do you can send it this way...)
I have the book too and don't remember what her quilt looks like either. It's in a pile somewhere under some scraps.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I kinda like the one you show here. Would never have done that with this block, but I think I love it......Molly may be waffling on it, but I like it!

Sue SA said...

Love it, what a great pattern, thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

I think they're cute blocks, but as one who has recently scrapped a scrap project, I totally get it when your heart isn't in it.

Magpie Sue said...

I quite like the little bit you've got on the wall here. I might consider a larger version - someday. ;- )