Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Dear Jane G8

Here is Dear Jane G8 or Justin's Comet. This one was made using English Paper Piecing (EPP). I didn't think through the seam allowance around the edge so some of it got stuck in the stitching. I think this means that I will be using EPP to sew the sashing around this block.

And Molly was a bit melodramatic yesterday. I do have another sewing machine and I used it to finish up the red seahorses on Sunday. We also finished layering the vintage spin block. I had to pin it very closely because Molly kept testing it for ways to get between the layers. Then she started to pull the batting out of the center holes. But today when I was hand sewing this block, Molly came and settled on my we're now back in each others' good graces.


  1. This is a beauty of a star - reminds of the petals on a dahlia. Pleased to read that Molly and yourself are pals again!!

  2. Well, at least you know it's a nice secure basting job.
    And I knew she'd forgive you for all those words you said...