Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Two More Dear Jane blocks

This is Dear Jane block H12 or Hannah Lou's Hearts. Although I had this quite closeup, it isn't until now when I'm looking at the photo that I see these hearts are in need of a bypass, or at least a stent or two. This is another odd block where the book differs from the actual quilt. Jane Stickle appliqued guitar pick shapes to form hearts while the book offers four hearts to applique. I knew Jane was wise to skip the deep cuts into the heart, so I followed her approach instead.

And here is Dear Jane block H10 or Ben's Bowtie. Happily, I did not tie myself up in knots over this block. (That joke was courtesy of Buddy...)

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Cute blocks! Only seven to go. And that Buddy is a card, isn't he?

gayle said...

I'll bet Molly's busy polishing up her heckling skills as Buddy dreams of a comedy career...

Summer said...

Your blocks are stunning ♥

Sue SA said...

Your never ending enthusiasm for these tiny blocks is a credit to you!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The heart block is really cute - and that Buddy - what a jokester!