Friday, March 31, 2017

Alternative Jane

Here is my review of my progress on the Dear Jane Alternate universe blocks. Those are the blocks Jane Stickle made but didn't include in her famous quilt.

And in case you're wondering, I did manage to finish layering the bounding bunny quilt but it was not easy.  Molly gave up on safety pin removal and started tunneling between the layers. As you already know, I am not a fun person and did not enjoy her creativity. I used a laser pointer toy to distract her and turn her into a very tired puddle of cat.

Buddy likes the laser pointer toy too.

5 comments:

claudia said...

OMG! My cats are addicted to the laser toy! Dusty, will come over to me in the morning and nudge me until I get the toy from my beside table and play with him for a while. One of my dogs though, is a grumpy old guy and usually stops the playing before we are done.
Your Dear Jane Alternative Quilt is adorable! did you make up the blocks or is there a pattern for this quilt? It's really cute and would be wonderful for a young person!

floribunda said...

I discovered a new favorite pastime for Lucy and Linus -- it's an iPad app called "Paint for Cats", easily the best $1.99 I've spent on them! You choose a color palette; a mouse runs around the screen and every time the cat paws at it, a splotch of color is left. They create works of art and are amused for a long time! Lucy gets excited as soon as she sees me pick up the iPad...

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh this is such a fun quilt - you have an amazing imagination to come up with all those little different blocks and creatures. Lovely photo of Buddy!

gayle said...

I love when you give us a peek into the other universe!
('Buddy' is a diminutive of 'Befuddled', isn't it?)

Cathy said...

I look forward to seeing the Alternatice Jane Stickle develop even more! What a cute picture of Buddy!