Sunday, March 19, 2017

Carrot Tutorial Preview

A few days ago, I received a question about these carrots and how to make them. It took me a while to figure it out again. And I planned to provide a tutorial for making the carrot for today's post, but it's going to have to wait for tomorrow.

Here's what the sample looks like. The root part of the carrot was made using paper piecing. Gasp. I couldn't remember how I made them. But when I inspected the quilt top, I saw tiny bits of paper that gave the technique away.

The top part of the carrot, however, uses traditional piecing. The green carrot top is a small log cabin (center and surround) using 1.25 inch strips. Then two triangles are attached on either side before the carrot top is sewn to the carrot bottom.




4 comments:

gayle said...

Only you could make a carrot that's adorable...

works4me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
works4me said...

That's one tasty-looking carrot.

Sue SA said...

Too cute! And its nearly Easter, so we will all be looking to tempt the bunnies into our yards!