Monday, March 13, 2017

Stonefields blocks: Criminal Edition

Here is the latest block for the Stonefields quilt by Susan Smith. This is the last block needed to complete Month 2. But I'm sure many of you are already wondering why I used two different pinks to applique the blocks. And this is where the crime drama begins.

For applique, I use the Superior Masterpiece cotton thread provided in bobbins stored in "donuts." Adorable. And that's the reason for my thread choice...adorable! However, the arrow on the left is  pointing to a missing bobbin. And yes, next to the empty spot is a bobbin that is more chewed than adorable. Because yes, thieves also love these bobbins.

Last night, I very carefully hid the pink bobbin I was using because Criminal Suspect #1 (AKA Buddy) had already run off with a larger spool of thread. He had also chewed the bobbin displayed above in Exhibit I. This morning, the hidden pink bobbin remained hidden. I looked all over...both in places that I might have hidden the bobbin and in places that Buddy might hide the bobbin.

I also had to consider Criminal Suspect #2 although Molly prefers to be caught in the act. But she is also a notorious accomplice. So my search expanded.

By the end of the day, Molly was getting a bit impatient with my searching. She suggested that I check the pockets of the shirt I was wearing yesterday. And yes, that's where I found the pink bobbin. Unchewed. And now I am left wondering how long Molly knew and how she knew.

8 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Just like a cat to not tell what she knows until she's certain you've looked high and low ;-)

gayle said...

I wouldn't be surprised if she and Buddy had a bet on how long you'd look. Obviously, she told you where it was because she'd already won.

claudia said...

And that is why my boys are not allowed in the sewing room!

works4me said...

Thank goodness my kitties are not quite that helpful. Obviously, the missing bobbin was in a colour you are not supposed to use. As to the chewed bobbin, someone decided in mid-chew that the colour might just work after all.

Irritating, but cute. Sorry. It would be impossible to get angry at those adorable and innocent faces? :)

Pam said...

Sounds like we need a Congressional committee to investigate....What they knew and when did they know it? I love my kitties too. Your Stonefields is really fun.

Cathy said...

Wasn't that an old Nancy Drew mystery? The Case of the Missing Bobbin? Molly must have read it.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your stars are adorable. Without a little drama, life would be boring.

Cathy said...

Think of it as a positive. You provided great entertainment for your quilt supervisors! They were probably snickering over you all day!