Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Sewing Room Safety Review

Here's Molly settling in to her morning beauty nap. I was sorry to have to tell her that the workmen were returning and that she and Buddy would be hiding under the bed instead.

Happily, I didn't have to hide with Molly and Buddy and was able to get some sewing done. I now have a full setup with sewing machine, cutting table and ironing board. I'm still experimenting with arrangements. And here are the last six wedges needed for the pickle dish quilt.

After the workmen left for the day, Molly made up for lost time. She thought I had forgotten the most important part of the sewing room...the design wall.

Molly showed me that just leaving the design wall leaning against the wall is not safe for kittens or gaudy chandeliers.

Molly also doesn't approve of my using safety pins to attach blocks. Tomorrow's task list includes finishing the wedges AND attaching the design wall.

6 comments:

julieQ said...

WE have that EXACT chandelier! Well, we did...we replaced it, because it was losing some of the pieces and doo dads. I love your kitty stories!!

gayle said...

So, in order to get any sewing (or design-walling) done, you just have to hire some workmen to come in? Totally worth breaking something now and then...

Frances Meredith said...

Your space is coming together and the normal routine back in action.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Sally, Molly seems to think she needs to be part of your design wall. Glad you're getting things back in order. I am still working on a favorite arrangement of my sewing quarters. Happy sewing! Andrea

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh goody all your pickle wedges arse done!! I'm waiting to see the finished quilt, I reckon it's going to be a beauty!!

Susan said...

Are you sure Molly doesn't think your design wall is supposed to be a climbing wall for cats? How did the chandelier fair after the avalanche?