Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Design Wall Installed

Here is my collection of speedy chickens. And yes, that is the new design wall. The flannel sheet I had wrapped around the PVC frame was not sticky enough, so I bought a few yards of wide white felt, and this is working much better. And while I was attaching the felt, Molly helped identify areas where annoying kittens could get trapped between the two layers.

I also finished the last six wedges for the Pickledish quilt.

Today the workmen only came for a few hours. Molly decided to hide in the sewing room which meant that I had to seal off the front of the house and have the workers come in through the sliding glass door. But Molly was very nervous and stressed.

But then Molly's puppy Buddy came to the rescue. In the middle of the hubbub, Buddy came looking for Molly. He was crouching so low he almost looked like a cat. Molly followed him back to hide under the bed. After it was safe to come out, Buddy demonstrated his expertise with the three-tier roller ball toy. Molly demonstrated her expertise at biting Buddy and stealing his fur ball toy.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Your chickens are too wonderful. I love them!

Amy said...

Sometimes brothers do the sweetest things. Yay, Buddy! I'm having fun watching your flock grow.

works4me said...

Love those chickens. I can't wait to see how you finish it off. Buddy to the rescue. I knew he had it in him.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great design wall - and full of chickies!!!

Susan said...

Your chickens are so colorful and cute. Reminds me of different breeds of chickens. Aw, Buddy is such a sweet "puppy" to "rescue" Molly and take her someplace safe.

Turid said...

Your chickens are pure fun.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice blues for the Pickle wedges! Leila would give Molly lots of sympathy on the nervous and stressed side, she has the same problems, three cheers for the rescuer - Buddy. By the way, what a neat toy Buddy's playing with, I know a little Tuxedo cat who would possibly like one of those, I'll check out the pet store.

Cathy said...

I love your speedy chickens! And I sure missed hearing about The Adventures of Molly and Buddy while on vacation. Here's to us ALL getting back into a normal routine soon!