Thursday, September 28, 2017

Piglet Mayhem

It turns out that Portland likes piglets, because Pigs in a Blanket won a third place ribbon (in the category of intermediate size traditional quilts). As part of the prize I received a laminated-badge type thing that had a detail of the quilt with the prize label on top. As I looked at it, my eyes began to cross...

For the first time, I noticed the poor confused brown polka dot piglet. To be fair, the piglet isn't confused, but the person who made it was. I mixed up which fabric was for the body with the fabric for the details. And today was the first day I noticed that poor messed up piglet. Now I am certain the judge is going to have a few incendiary comments for me...and rightly so!

To cheer you up, let's end this post with a close-up of one of Laura Heine's quilts. She is an instructor for the Portland Quilt Expo this year. I would have given her a prize for best use of Tula Pink's tuna cans and cat novelty fabric. I think it takes the cake!

15 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Well done on the laminated sheet. Nice rosette too. Seems Portland has taste.

Barbara said...

Wow! Congratulations! I love the piglets. My pig-loving friend will love them too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on you win! The piglets are so cute and fun to make, too.

Vicki W said...

Congratulations!

gayle said...

Oopsy piggy!
That looks like a purrfect cake!

Shirley said...

Congratulations on your winning entry!

Needled Mom said...

Shhhh. We'll never tell.

Cathy said...

Congratulations, Sally! Your piggies are very deserving. Not to be confused with the tuna can cake, which is desserting (groan; that was Alfie's joke).

Beth said...

Hooray for you! I saw your quilt hanging at the show and I was happy for you (and the piglets, who seemed to be kicking up their heels in delight).

I also noticed the cat cake and thought that Laura Heine must have a lot of fun putting the little touches on her quilts, which is as it should be.

MissPat said...

If you hadn't told us about the mixed-up piggie, no one would have noticed, well, except Molly who should have pointed out the error before the block was sewn in the quilt. Congratulations on your ribbon.
Pat

works4me said...

Congratulations. That is one fine quilt. And I dare not show the cake to Sammi and Dainty or I'll be bugged to make one of my own.

Sheila said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This quilt is soooooooo cute!

Cathy said...

Congrats on being a wiener! Maybe brown polka dot has the swine flu?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congratulations!! that is a great quilt - Polka Dot pig and all - I love them!

Susan said...

The cat cake is funny! I don't think on a scrappy quilt that the majority of people would even notice that piggy! He's still a cutie, even if he's a little different from your average. But you did say MAYHEM, didn't you? Great on your third place ribbon in such a quilty venue - it means it is a great quilt, no matter what!