I made much more progress today. Here are nine fuschia chickens and I only need eight, as it turns out. I have soooo many extra chickens I can open a take-out restaurant.
My Oliso iron decided to burn out. It's replacement will arrive on Thursday, so I have been trying substitute irons. One has a weird beak that was driving me crazy, plus it has auto-off but not an off switch. Very weird. I found another one I like much better. But in both cases, the Oliso has taught me to leave the iron horizontal...not a good habit for a regular iron. And, of course, I switched to the Oliso because Molly likes to perch on the ironing board and taunt me.
And here are the chicken blocks in their rainbow layout. At the time of this arrangement, I was planning a pink diagonal between the fuschia diagonal and the red diagonal. But now I'm thinking that I will have red follow fuschia, then have red orange, followed by bright orange, followed by rusty orange. And there will be three black hens, although Buddy is lobbying heavily for taupe.