I have not forgotten the pinwheel garden quilt that I started last year as part of the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. At the end of the year, I had only made about half the number of blocks I needed. For this, I'm primarily using single hue fabrics or blenders. As I have been making other quilts or rummaging through my stash, I spot a fabric that I think would be good for this quilt and I set it aside.
But a higher priority quilt, is the I-spy quilt for my grand nephew who asked for a quilt like his brother's quilt--except with his name. And it serves me right that I made the original i-spy quilt two-sided with I-spy images on both sides. I do have the required 299 i-spy images, but that doesn't stop me from cutting more.
The more daunting part of this project is that each image has borders to tilt the image. These wedges are cut from 3 by 5.5 inch rectangles. Each image requires two rectangles. Happily, it also helps if these wedges are primarily cut from blender fabrics. Which means that most of the fabric set aside for the pinwheel quilts will work well for this quilt.
These are the fabrics that are all laid out on the cutting table waiting for me.
And here is the neglected kitten who probably has other plans for me. Yesterday she pawed at me, and without thinking I just bent over and she hopped on my back. I realized that I had been well-trained, and my life is no longer my own.