We had a quilt guild meeting on Monday, so I picked up a small handful of scraps to use in the spool quilt. The spool on the top left is a good example of grabbing fabric I would never have in my stash...in this case horseshoes. There was just enough for the background. On the top right is an odd brown and orange paisley.
Meanwhile, I discovered one of the shelving units holding my stash was tilting. Its the one that Molly sleeps on. So I took all of the fabric off and reassembled it. Now I'm taking the opportunity to evaluate the stash as I'm putting it back. These are large hunks of at least a yard. Of the fabrics that no longer thrill, I'm saving a half yard and will give the rest to the guild.
And here is the peony in the front yard that is blooming. I was surprised that it wasn't pink.
And here is a rhododendron that sits by the side of the house near the peony. Both of these are hidden from view unless you are going to the far side of the house.