Sunday, July 22, 2018

Vintage Butterfly Quilt Top

Okay, the vintage butterfly quilt has its borders so it is officially a quilt top. And as a bonus, I found the information about its inspiration and other good stuff. Needless to say, I originally found the pattern over at Cathy's Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting blog where she displayed her beautiful blue version.   She also gave a link to her original inspiration (and mine) over at Nostalgic Cafe...a vintage quilt featuring the butterflies on a very light background. The folks over at Quilt Inspiration liked both versions of her butterflies and provided patterns for each. Plus there is some history including other names such as Beggar Block and Cats and Mice. Huh? Anyway, I'm sticking with calling it vintage butterflies.

My slight departure from the original will be using a black binding. I have another quilt top that I'm making using the same background fabric and I don't want to run out using it as a binding. (I may still run out, of course...)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

It looks fantastic. The binding fabric made me think of fireflies.

gayle said...

Love your butterflies! (But shhhh... they're really spools in disguise. Very clever of them!)