Monday, August 13, 2018

Buddy and Molly

I guess its time for me to admit that Molly and I are having problems with Buddy. Each morning he gets up all excited and full of himself because he just loves his first breakfast. Then he runs to the living room because he is very excited to play laser mouse. After that, he goes and finishes his breakfast. Then he spends the day napping, cuddling and being held. Even at the end of the day, when he senses its bedtime he runs to the bedroom in happy anticipation of another favorite time of day.

As Molly explains it, Buddy wants the rewards of being a cat without putting in the work of a cat.

For example, its a cat's responsibility to turn away from some meals, just because. At playtime, one must take an extremely long time to set up an attack...at least as much time as it takes for staff's head to explode. And several times a day, a cat is responsible for yeowing with great urgency for apparently no reason...at least enough to make staff's head explode. And at bedtime, a cat must do whatever is necessary to keep staff up, such as exploring the hallway closet and knocking items down to the floor. It is a cat's responsibility to teach staff not to become attached to things. And one of the hardest jobs for a cat is to consistently maintain a look of "nice try" regardless of how much one is enjoying oneself.

So yes, Molly and I are at our wits end trying to explain to Buddy that we will not be happy until he is completely miserable.

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Shrimpy is the "cat"--total cudller, eats on "time", etc--Scampy on the other hand must be more like Buddy, an absolute "no cat am I" personality and I love them both dearly because they are so different, and yet they are both cats. (or at least that is what they tell me) :-)

gayle said...

Has Buddy even noticed yet, or is he just continuing to cheerfully go about his day? I can see where Molly would get a bit exasperated, model of perfect cat-ness that she is.

Denise R. said...

Wait a minute so I can get up off the floor from laughing so hard. I am a cat lover also and Buddy's antics are very much like my Charlotte's. I have to admit that I began following your blog mostly because I fell in love with Buddy and Molly !!

Cathy said...

Another fun bedtime game is Rolling Around in the Bathtub. It makes lots of noise and keeps the furs cool. And Molly might want to try chasing ghosts and playing tag with them, too. Sometimes you can do it and nearly trip the staff. It’s an art - having fun WHILE working to make staff’s head explode. Best, Darla and Alfalfa

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I understand buddy