Monday, September 10, 2018

Portfolio enhancements

I have been busy trying to enhance my coin portfolio. I will leave it to you to wonder if I've been mining for bitcoin or whether I got a job. In any case, I decided I liked a straight stripe layout, but that means I needed more yellow blocks in addition to more black border.

And please don't worry that I have a bowing border...the second row of blocks are just jammed up on the design wall.

This morning I went to my quilt guild meeting. My sister wasn't there to moderate me, so I came away with more fabric than I put into the free pile. However, in the scheme of things, this did not even make a dent. Now that I'm making spools in three sizes, I also grabbed up donated strips...they are in the lower left corner.

And these are the four scraps of fabric that were just too ugly to leave behind.


And the Pigs in a Blanket quilt is taking a trip to the Pacific International Quilt Festival in California. 

And the Bunnies are going to go along to chaperone.

12 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Is the show in October - if so I think my Nearly Insane quilt will be on show there too!

Julierose said...

Great entries....your quilts are just so original and creative...hugs, Julierose (and I love the "Bit Coins"..)

gayle said...

Nice loot!
And I hope your piggies and bunnies will have a good time in California. Maybe they'll bring some fish tacos back for Molly and Buddy!

KaHolly said...

You made out like a bandit. That Pigs in a Blanket quilt is a scream!

Kat Scribner said...

The Pigs in a blanket just cracks me up. and I really like the layout of your coin quilt.

Sue SA said...

LOL the pigs and rabbits are going on holidays, sure they will have a lovely time and that they are rewarded for their originality! Loving the coins, black border looks fabulous.

Louise said...

Will those pigs get to the show via airmail? WILL PIGS FLY??? Congrats on being in the show :)

Daffycat said...

Oh, that pig quilt! I love it!

Cathy said...

OMG, I can’t believe you’re going to let the bunnies chaperone the pigs! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!! Such cute quilts, though, they do need to get out and be seen. Great loot from your guild meeting. Does your sister read your blog?

Mystic Quilter said...

Wishing you good luck for the Festival, your bunnies and piglets will go down a treat!

QuiltGranma said...

But what does Molly say about all this? Is she upset that the pigs and bunnies get to go and she cannot?

Cathy said...

Such excitement! Good luck at PIQF!

And I think two of the ugly fabrics are beautiful.