Saturday, October 20, 2018

Advice from Molly

I asked Molly to guest blog this evening and she heartily agreed. Of course, she then delegated it back to me. She suggested the title "What I Learned Last Night." For reasons I am too limited to understand, Molly chose last night to run experiments with gravity in the bathroom. This involves knocking anything to the floor that I foolishly left on the bathroom counter. Because I thought I should be asleep and not cleaning up the bathroom at 2 AM, I moved Molly out of the bathroom and shut the door (despite Molly's strict open door policy). So yes, it turns out that slamming face first into a closed bathroom door is stronger than morning coffee.

Having made that confession, here is another. Sometimes I get a very specific question as a comment. I do try to answer them and often include many links and fascinating information. Then just as I am about to send the email, I finally notice that the question comes from a no-reply blogger.  Okay, I'm sure I've even sent the email without noticing, but yes, the result is the same...no answer to your very specific question. I'm sure Molly has the answer to all of this, but it is well above my pay grade.

Molly also thought I should mention that Fabric Depot closing one year after I moved here is probably coincidental...although she thinks the closing of the Pine Needle is more suspect.

8 comments:

julieQ said...

OH that Molly baby! LOL!

Barbara said...

Well, yes, and let’s not forget A Common Thread. Obviously having a quilter move to town is bad for quilt shop business. I’ve had that same experience with no-reply bloggers. I feel terribly guilty when I can’t answer a very specific question, which then makes me mad at the no-replyer. Why should I feel guilty? I suppose it’s because I’ve been well-trained by cats who regularly give me stink eye.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That has happened to me too - writing a detailed response that took a while to construct, only to find I was writing to noreply blogger. Now I do try to check the address before writing a response.

Cathy said...

Sounds like Molly has been teaching you many lessons recently. The no-reply Blogger is frustrating, but lately I’ve had another new problem crop up. It seems that there are many times when I can’t comment on a blog as myself (as opposed to Anonymous, or typing in all my info) because Google thinks I’m signed out when I’m NOT. I’ve read others who’ve complained about this too. So then I type a response and send it, but it goes off somewhere into the ether, never to be published or seen again...

gayle said...

Yeah, I've typed up long interesting replies to no-reply-bloggers, too. And I've had Cathy's problem, too, where my comments just fall into a space/time vortex or something. Molly could probably explain it, after she finishes up her post-doc work in the field of gravity.

suzanprincess said...

Ah, Molly is not only gorgeous but athletic, intelligent and insightful as well. I am so envious. I've read about all the no-reply people out there, but have no idea whether I am one myself, so normally include my email if I'm asking a question. But for the few--one formerly favorite one in particular--bloggers I cannot respond to via the comment form I have no recourse, so I appreciate the bloggers who provide a separate email address to reach them privately.

Sally Trude said...

You are a no-reply commenter...that is, I cannot respond to your comment by email. Nor can Molly who admires your taste in gorgeous, athletic, intelligent and insightful cats.

works4me said...

Ah Molly, you and Dainty would get along well. If Dainty feels I am sleeping in too far past her breakfast time she sits on the floor and attempts to pull down the phone cord which I have tucked away, then she jumps onto my dresser and proceeds to grab and fling things off. Sometimes I get up, but more often I just hiss at her, she comes back to bed and gets petsies. Either way, I think I am being manipulated.