Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Border Collies

Some quilters pretend to be puppies distracted by squirrels when they begin a new project. Given Molly's true obsession with squirrels, I will not try to compete. Instead, I will liken myself to a border collie who says SHEEP! And so I am starting a wool project. And no, I am not liking the Kingwell print for this project and will look for a good substitute.

And yes, I've used the snails before in a fused project.

...although its origin is from a linocut block print I made in a printmaking class.

I'm also pulling the postage stamp quilt together.

And for some reason, the Smitty vortex felt especially weak today, so Molly took the opportunity to sun bathe while I went out and cleaned the rain gutters.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Border collies, sheep, snails, squirrels and the Smitty Vortex. we love our creatures, don’t we? That sleepy picture of The Molly is so adorable.

Barbara said...

Those snails are adorable. Love it. We have a lot of squirrels here too. Sometimes they come inside for a visit. What can I say? The kitties are always up for a party with squirrels.

Sumac said...

love the snails!

gayle said...

SNAILS! (Slower than squirrels, but no less tempting...)

QuiltGranma said...

Did you hear the one where the turtle got mugged by a gang of snails? When the police came and questioned him to see if he could identify any of them he replied, "No, it all happened so fast!" We know they are related to gypsies since they take their caravan where ever they go, so that is where the police will check first.