Friday, October 26, 2018

Escargot Revised

Here are the revised snails. I switched out the cotton print for a new one that goes better with the colors of the wool. And oddly, I'm finding wool applique to be a bit more fussy, or should I say fuzzy, then cotton applique. With the cotton I have a nice sharp fold and life is easy. But the wool seems to want to wander and shed.

And today I would like to officially jump off the bandwagon of pretending that cats are helpmates. They are help-themselves helpmates. And it is time we stop all of the mollycoddling.

I was changing the bed linens and did not find it helpful to have an inspector tunneling under the fitted sheet as I tried to make the bed. And then there was the pony show where the pony claims the bed is infested with "kittens" and starts attacking the lump.

Later when I was trying to sew escargot, the inspector showed up to test whether my thread and sewing accessories responded to gravity. The pony then invoked the "anything that hits the floor is a toy" rule and grabbed the thread bobbins and ran off.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

I can hear those kitties licking their lips (?) thinking about escargot for dinner...
Really cute rendering hugs, Julierose

Barbara said...

Those snails are the cutest I’ve ever seen...probably less slimey too, which might be why I like them so much. Smitty doesn’t think you should be coddling Molly either, and so he is in complete agreement with you about that.

gayle said...

My old cat Goblin used to like to help me make beds. He'd nail the sheet to the mattress with his claws while I was trying to spread it out so it wouldn't 'accidentally' move. What a guy.
Is the pony wondering why Buddycoddling isn't a thing?

or-ar quilter said...

Are you using a fusible with the wool? I’ve found that a fusible will give a cleaner edge, but you give up some of the drape.