Saturday, October 6, 2018

Green pinwheels

As we head into the last months of the year, I'm looking for RSC projects that I can finish this year...and so I unearthed Pinwheel Garden. It has a few green blocks, but none that were a nice dark green. So I added these six blocks. For other dark leafy green patchwork, don't forget to visit the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.

I started with the scrap basket. Each pinwheel garden block requires a 3.5 by 4.5 rectangle and a 2 by 10 inch strip. I only found a few scraps that were large enough so I looked through some of my ancient fabric.

But sometimes danger lurks beneath larger hunks of fabric.

Oh nevermind. It's just Molly being adorable.

Here's Buddy under the table pretending to be a cat but looking more like a very large loaf of bread.

As I made the pinwheel garden blocks, I also made spools as leaders and enders. These are the tiny ones that finish at 1.5 inches.

Here they are close up.

2 comments:

gayle said...

I still find those itty bitty spools to be just jaw-dropping! And I thought *I* liked working small...
Poor Buddy. He tries to look adorable too, but ends up just loafish.

jean f. said...

when hubby would get home from work, he would kick off his shoes into the middle of the room. Occasionally one of our cats would take the pose of a lonely shoe, so that is what I call that "loaf of bread" pose. Shoe.