Monday, October 1, 2018

Quilted Bunnies

I haven't posted recently because I have been hand quilting the Bunny Hop quilt, and showing the progress of hand quilting is a bit like watching paint dry...except slower. Along the way, I have been fighting with Molly because she loves this quilt. It has a wool batting. Unfortunately, many of its plaids are woven fabrics and cat claws and wovens don't mix well.

And yes, Molly is miffed that I took a picture of her rear quarters and/or don't appreciate her digging her claws into this quilt. She will be even less pleased to find out I posted it.

And there is the border I added. Once I sew a new label on the back, it will be ready to be shipped to the Pacific International Quilt Show in Santa Clara, CA. It is going along with Pigs in a Blanket. I also have plans to go to the show so I can see Faberdashery's Nearly Insane quilt. Her quilt is part of a special exhibit and puts the International into this particular quilt show.

And here are the medium sized spools I haven't been making while I am hand quilting.

 I have been processing two bundles of scraps I picked up at the NW Quilt Expo. These were remnant bits and strips packaged by the Stitchin' Post. Some of the strips were very thin and I could barely pull one inch sections out of them for the smallest spools and loonie log cabins. After cutting out various size spools, I cut down the rest to go into my current Spiderweb quilt.

Buddy loves the scrap bundles because I dump them on the floor so he can slide into them as he chases his laser mouse. Today he stole my sewing machine brush (for cleaning out lint) and tried to take it to his toy hoard under the bed. You might notice that there is a toy wool mouse behind him (just left of his head). He does not acknowledge that as a toy. When I throw it, he will run after it, but when he gets to it, he looks back at me, affronted. 

2 comments:

floribunda said...

When are you going to be at PIQF? I’d love the chance to say hi in person!

Barbara said...

I clicked on the link for the Nearly Insane quilt. Wow. Impressive. We once had a cat named George. One day I was playing with him and the “red dot,” when he noticed the clicking sound coming from my hand. He looked up and saw where the red dot originated and then turned on his heels and stalked away, as if to say, “How stupid do you think I am?” He refused to ever play “red dot” again, and I think he stopped believing in Santa that day too. It must have galled him to know he was living with a pack of liars.