Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Seahorses

Today I made two right-facing seahorses. I had parts to make three seahorses, but half way through I found that the third seahorse had become left-facing. So at a later time I will decide whether I should retrain him to face right, or let him join the right facing seahorses. Although at this time, I only need four more right facing seahorses.

I have the seahorses pinned to the design wall to torment Molly.

Because of the recent "fun" with loonie log cabins, I wondered what a seahorse would look like if it were based on a one half inch grid. This is what you get: 4.5 by 8.5 inches finished.

What is the color of regret?

And just to cheer you up, here is a teddy bear my brother met in England. His name is Pete.

9 comments:

Julia G said...

Is that bear actually logs with moss, or a stuffed toy bear out of cloth? Very different!

Barbara said...

It’s a baby seahorse. How can there be regret? Unless I’ve missed the mark and its actually a teenager seahorse. Then, possibly, there is much to regret.

Linda in Calif. said...

Hahaha Barbara! That is too funny.

Linda in Calif. said...

I'm just in wonder as I look at all these seahorses coming together. I would include your "teenager" seahorse in the quilt also.

PaulaB quilts said...

It’s a baby! Why not have top and bottom borders with babys following the mama? Or make some into a baby quilt.

Susan said...

Are you sure the bear's name isn't "Peat"? The smaller seahorse is cute. If it is a teenage seahorse, maybe you will want/need to reduce it by half to get a baby seahorse. I am wondering how small you could actually make it :-)

Cathy said...

Your seahorses have always been one of my favorites. Nice to see them out and about with a sweet little one.
Pete looks a little bogged down. Must be the English countryside.

jean f. said...

ROFL!!!!!

gayle said...

Poor Pete. Looks like he's had a pretty rough decade.
I adore your bitty seahorse, but you're going to end up cross-eyed if you keep up all this miniaturization, you know.