Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Road Less Traveled

Gayle of Mangofeet mentioned that she has resumed her quilt block a day or the 365 day quilt challenge. I am posting this for her inspiration. I ran out of steam after about a month. But this was one of the quilts at the Pacific International Quilt Festival. Unfortunately, I forgot to get the name of the quilter who made this.

And this is the quilt Okehampton that was made by Eileen Udovich in Davis, CA. It shared the alcove with my Bunny Hop quilt and Pigs in a Blanket. I think I have the pattern to this or thought about making this at one time. So yes, I took it as a personal affront when I saw this.

I also have the pattern for the Caswell quilt. This one was made by Sheri Smith of Dayton NV.  I gave up the possibility of making this quilt after I saw the version made by Tazzie of Australia. Like the Nearly Insane quilt by Faberdashery, I would just be happy to see that quilt in real life.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I can only assume these people don’t have cats; otherwise, they would never have time to make such beautiful quilts. Their cats would keep them too busy.

gayle said...

Thanks for all the inspiration! (I'd love to see Tazzie's quilt in person, too!)
Barbara may be on to something with her cat theory. I've only got one feline helper, but I haven't accomplished many finishes...

Frances Meredith said...

These are all beautiful quilts. I have had the pleasure of quilting all these patterns for customers as part of my longarm quilting business, so I feel no need to make them myself as it feels I have already made them! I will ask future customers whether their cat helped them.

floribunda said...

the first one was made by Sharon McElligott of San Jose, CA -- I had a photo of it, too!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I have the Caswell patterns as well and just looked at Tazzies. Amazing! And daunting. But despite such an unhelpful assistant (who I understand is just too cute to let go), you do wonderful work yourself, Sally.