Friday, November 16, 2018

Resolution

I was looking back in the photos for this blog to see what I was doing two years ago and discovered that two years ago I was laying out the seahorse quilt and making spools. Aagh! I did find this quilt. I think I stopped making this when I discovered I made a measurement error and that if I continued, a full quilt would cover a house. Now that I look at this I think I would be happy to sew it together and call it a day regardless of its size.

And last night, Molly relented and told me that I could adopt Possum if that was what I really wanted.

However, this morning I discovered an art installation that spanned the bedroom, down the hallway, a zig zag in the foyer and then on into the sewing room. What you see as fluff in the photo has been spun to a finest thread and as I was pulling it up, Molly was on the other end defending her art.  I did find the placard for this artwork and it was titled "Possum Vet Bill $4000."

During the look back to two years ago, I found this photo of Buddy in the middle of his dog phase.

And here's Buddy as he begins to transform into a pony.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Molly, you sass-bucket, you! Adopt the possum! And Sally, what size will that awesome red, white and strings quilt be??

floribunda said...

Like Cathy says -- get the possum! She'll fit right in...

Joni said...

Love Possum's bowl cut! What a cutie!

Barbara said...

Purrs for Posssum! Hip hip Purray! I was thinking Rumplestiltskin had something to do with that art work. Possibly Molly was spinning silken thread into gold before you interrupted. I agree about the quilt. Those are great blocks for a lap quilt or even a wall hanging.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Is there a pattern for that possum block? My sister is a nut for possums. I’d like to make it for her. Oh, and Molly is beautiful.

gayle said...

Looks like Molly was interrupted while weaving that nice bit of ribbon out of dryer lint. I'm sure she was planning to make a pretty bow for Possum.

QuiltGranma said...

Love your sense of humor! SOME DAY I want to make a string star quilt similar to the one at the top of the page!