Monday, November 19, 2018

Scrappy Stars

I found the scrappy stars box...it had four completed blocks and a multitude of paper-pieced diamonds. Each block finished at roughly 20 inches...so I plan to make twelve in all for a 60 by 80 inch quilt.

And here is another handful of mid-size spools.

And Molly is pleased to announce that all of the kitten nonsense is behind us. Although she is spending a lot of time scanning "Staff-finder" looking for suitable matches. Also, Molly is sporting her new red crinkly mat. After using deli paper as foundation for some string piecing, it was obvious that it would make an excellent crinkly mat. I put a piece of deli paper on either side of a batting remnant and then encased that in fabric. I think I need to make a crinkle box for her next.

4 comments:

gayle said...

I love those stars! (I love stars anyway, and strings as well, so combining the two is just knocking me out!)
Crinkly mat, eh? Very interesting...

Louise said...

Wow, those stars are practically sewing themselves! Amazing how fast a project can go when you find big chunks already done. We'll just ignore for now how many hours you must have previously spent making said chunks. And what is it with cats and crinkliness?

Barbara said...

The stars are wonderful. Love it. It will make a striking quilt. Smitty thinks you are making a big mistake not getting a kitten. The best days of his life were when we brought new kitties into the house for him to terrorize.

Mystic Quilter said...

What could be better than scrappy string stars, what width are the strings?