Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Scraps and Scrappy

Here is a my haul from yesterday's quilt guild meeting. The guild builds a pile of scraps on a free table for each meeting. I sorted these into colors and sizes and then tackled my own scrap bin and added those scraps to the piles. Buddy calls it his play area.

And for those of you who would like to see puppy pictures, this is Typhoon (now Buddy). When he was very young, he was a puppy trying to pass as a kitten.

This is Buddy a month later at four months old after he has learned to accept his dogginess. While the fostered kittens would climb all over me and play, the puppy kept his distance. 

Molly thought I should include a picture of her sister for those of you who are fond of kittens. This is Cyclone. She accepted me immediately because she loved to play. She was so sweet and adorable that she was the only member of team Storm that was successfully adopted (by someone else).


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Wasn’t there a fourth kitten too? And you could always re-tell (sometime) the story of Buddy’s felonious behavior that led to his being stuck - I mean BLESSED - with you as his staff.

gayle said...

Poor Buddy. You can see that he's yearning to gallop across the prairie. Umm... I mean, chase the laser pointer.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh thank you for showing us these gorgeous babies! Amazing how quickly they grow. That's a good idea to have a scraps table at your meetings, pity I don't live near you I could contribute a sackful!

QuiltGranma said...

Love the kitty pictures, thanks! Oh, and I Have that dark turquoise with the acorn fabric too!