Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Seahorses Finally!

My layout engineer specified a half-drop layout for the seahorses, so I had to make three more right-facing seahorses to make the layout look even, that is, odd. This time I followed the instructions in the tutorial and it worked out well. It kept me working in an orderly manner...not a usual process for me.

I also spent some time organizing the sewing room. I resorted the batiks and put them away by color. Molly insists she was helping me, but her ways are so mysterious I failed to appreciate her effort.

And Buddy is not angry in this photo. He's just squinting because of the camera sensor. Buddy moves from sleeping spot to sleeping spot. They are all ones that Molly claimed until he took them over.

And this is the view I see from the sewing room looking out the front window.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Can’t wait to see the seahorses together. After seeing Buddy’s picture, she thinks he’s the Sexiest Cat Alive.

Barbara said...

Her ways are mysterious because she knows she is a goddess.

Julierose said...

Seahorses will be amazing all together (what do you call a group of seahorses?) hmmm hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

Looking forward to seeing the seahorses all together!
I think Molly was just making sure that the batiks didn't fall out of the basket. Or something.

Sue SA said...

I love your sea horses. That autumn colour is just spectacular!

Mystic Quilter said...

You have chosen more nice fabrics for your seahorses, bet you're pleased they're all finished and ready for the blocks stitching together. Good for Molly for testing your neat and tidy batiks and love the photo of Buddy and his magical squint.