Thursday, November 29, 2018

Under the radar

Yes, I made all XXX of the four patches for the Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune Mystery. Of course, I used my usual outstanding accounting procedures. I counted them and found that I had (XXX - 1) of them. I had taken one out because it used the same fabric within the four patch...so I remade that four patch to reach XXX. Then I realized I had a handful laid out on the design wall. So the official count is >XXX and that's good enough for me given that my counting as an error margin of ten.

And yes, they are all twirled.

And yes, the Demented quilt (Garden Mosaic from Free Spirit) is getting some attention again.

10 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Are we supposed to make 250, I only made 240! I better reread the instructions!

Dorothy said...

I think it takes more time to "twirl/spin" the 4-patches, then it takes to make them :-) I'm only 1/2 way through Clue 1. I wonder what I'll be doing this weekend ??

Vireya said...

They look great!

Cathy said...

No Good Fortune or twirling for me. I started a couple of new quilts instead.

Quilting Demented? Good! I was stumped as to how to quilt it and wondering if I should quilt it by hand but there's so many little seams. Looks like you found a good solution.

Turid said...

Great four patches. I only made half of them, and think I will stop there.

Louise said...

I'm pretty sure it's Molly who throws your count off so much. Small four patches are easily spirited away to under the couch and behind the fridge.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the colour Sally but heck of a lot of four patches!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I really like your color choices for this mystery quilt. This dark pink is one of my favorite colors.

gayle said...

Oh, good! I'm interested to see how you're quilting Demented. Not that I'm close enough to done to be worrying about it yet, but still...
And I'm diligently doing the twirly whirly thing, too. And also having the same counting problems!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Yep.....I made XXX + 88 + 20 = 4,582