Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I don't really remember when or where this fabric came from. However, I did try to use it for the fractured quilt-a-long but that first quilt failed fast. More recently, I have been reading through The Quilting Edge blog (wonderful!) and thought I would use this fabric as part of an improv quilt. Well, to be honest, I figured I could noodle around with this fabric and be happy to cut into it whether it worked out or not. Not quite the right mindset, but it's a start.

So I started by making a massive hunk of striped fabric, and then cut it into strips to use in a log cabin. The nice thing about a log cabin for an improv is that it gives you an obvious next place to go (the next log around the center), and you only have to make a decision about that next step. Improv for kittens, so to speak.

Now this is where I have landed (so far) with the hunk of patchwork on the right, and with additional testing strips on the left (because the original striped fabric is still in play, but enough is enough).  I may continue building this out, but another option would be to start another hunk or two and then combine those. Sounds like a plan!

1 comment:

  1. This is so different and I'm looking forward to seeing your next post!