Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Precision in piecing is not my strong suit. I'm more of a statistician than an accountant. And fabric tends to be forgiving or at least obliging. But at this small scale for the Omigosh quilt, there is less room to maneuver when the finished squares are half inch and the finished nine patch is 1.5 inches.

In yesterday's post I mentioned that my nine patches were rectangular. That's the same nine patch in both photos...its 2 inches on one side and 2 inches plus one eighth on the other side. (Some of my seams are not quite a quarter inch). As I was sewing I saw things were off and figured it would all work out. But instead of easing, I had a fabric fight.

Happily, because the fabric is so beautiful, we can't stay mad at each other for too long. (Well, I guess I can't speak for the fabric...)

1 comment:

Judy Dietrich said...

Oh boy, looks different up close!! Was hoping it was an easy fix. It is gorgeous fabric that you are using