I am moving ahead on the spiderweb quilt. To help me move forward, I cut all the turquoise wedges and yellow strips I would need to finish the quilt. And over the last few days I have enjoyed happy, bright foundation piecing.
And I have now made all the triangles I will need. The pile at the bottom of the photo need to be trimmed. The triangles in the top row far left are trimmed but still have their paper. Next to that pile are the triangles with the paper removed, and to the right are the squares made from eight triangles.
For all that sewing, it doesn't appear I made much of a dent into the pile of strip bits.
And yes, Molly is looking pretty smug. She wondered how I concluded that I only needed 25 blocks to make the vintage butterfly quilt. According to her estimates, I need 64 vintage butterfly blocks and so with only 20 finished, I have not even made a third of the blocks needed. I'm quite used to her always being right.
And for No Reply Bloggers interested in the vintage butterfly pattern, Molly suggests visiting Cathy's Sane, Crazy and Crumby Quilting which features her version and the inspiration quilt, plus a link to Nostalgia Cafe for the pattern.