Monday, June 26, 2017

Hiding

It's a bit amazing how much I could get done without thinking about it. But after the move, I have to reconsider every step and each item needed for each step along the way. I thought all I would need to do is set up a sewing machine and everything would be back as it was. No, it turns out an iron and a cutting board are useful, especially if they have a bit of table to sit on. Yesterday, I concluded that I would never see my rotary cutter again, so I stopped by Fabric Depot, a local warehouse fabric store, and bought one. I did not even consider looking at fabric. And today I did find the right sewing machine foot, and the cord that let's me move pictures from the camera to the computer. Tomorrow, I will work on thread and a needle for the sewing machine.

Today Molly impersonated Houdini. I heard her faint mews and a bit of scratching. And yes, I did open the refrigerator twice looking for her. I pulled out some treats and Buddy came running. Only faint mews from Molly. Molly found a small cutout in the cupboard under the kitchen sink that leads to the kitchen dead space...that corner area underneath where two kitchen counters meet. She did scramble out of that hole finally and I opened the cupboard under the sink to let her out.

8 comments:

Vireya said...

I know those "moving" frustrations! I'm still looking for stuff I last saw three years ago. Hope you don't have to buy too much new stuff, but sometimes it is the only way to maintain sanity!

Dorothy said...

So I am still missing the reason for the move to the West Coast (although I am very glad you are on my side of the world) I moved from a very BIG house to a very SMALL house 14 years ago----am still trying to figure things out :-) :-)

gayle said...

(My daughter's cats ended up stuck in the walls in the new house after their last move. Exploring is fun!)
I'm still hunting for stuff I misplaced on my last move 3 years ago. A lot of it I've given up on and replaced...

Barbara said...

Fabric Depot...oh my. You've discovered the fabric Mall of America.

Cathy said...

I've only done Fabric Depot online, but some day maybe I'll get to see the brick and mortar version. I've always been afraid that one of my cats (over the many years that I've been owned by them) would find a secret cubby and then not be able to get out. "Curiousity killed the cat" - probably developed from real-life situations. *shudder*

claudia said...

Do you know how many times I have looked in the refrigerator for a lost animal? Why do we do that???

julieQ said...

LOL! Oh dear...I can so relate to not being able to find things!! Lovely plaid quilt under your pretty kitty!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh poor Molly! Poor you having to go on a hunt every time you need to get on with quilting. Pleased that you're settling in.