Friday, October 10, 2014

What is it if you take a Drunkard's Path block and split it in two: a double drunkard?

And then if you have two different curve patches it becomes a Windmill.

And if you make the Windmill quilt too large to easily photograph...over 80X80 inches...then I think it qualifies as Fighting Windmills drunk. This is another quilt by my grandmother (who didn't drink). And as a side note, she named her special quilting machine Fingers.

I'm crashing Vicki W.'s Drunkard's Path party and so should you!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Did she have automatic stitch regulation and a hydraulic lift on her fingers?

barbara woods said...

to them the treadle was a miracle

Paulette said...

That is a great design! Thanks for sharing it.

Cathy said...

I'm jealous you have such a gorgeous quilt of your grandmother's. I wonder how she didn't become bored doing all that beautiful hand stitching on just a solid two color quilt.