Monday, January 12, 2015

For my working in a series project, I am replicating this wonderful Christmas tree postcard made by Vicki W. who provides a tutorial for making the card here. My goal is that by replicating Vicki's projects I will become an organized, productive and giving person...for example, one who hand makes a gazillion Christmas cards and sends them all out before Christmas instead of someone who makes one card a couple of weeks after the New Year.  Except for the choice of background fabrics, I made a card that looks exactly like Vicki's tree.

Unfortunately, this nasty camel walked onto the card and ate the entire tree leaving only the star behind. So I ironed him down so you would believe me. Then when sewing the zig zag border using variegated thread, I accidentally sewed through one of his feet. The cussing and spitting was incredible.


3 comments:

Terri said...

They are good spitters, I've heard. Love your post cards. Keep up the good work.
Hugs

Julierose said...

Adorable cards! Camels bite too, I hear--be very careful...hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

My mom smoked camels.

I really need to get back to making fabric postcards for my grandkids. Used to send them each month from "secret admirer".