Monday, July 20, 2015

Bunnies revisited

When we gathered our blocks together for a midyear review for the Rainbow Scrappy challenge, I noticed that I had very few rabbits running to the right. So I added these new bunnies to the mix.

I also heard from Cathy at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting that she is going to be making bunnies. I have revised the pattern a bit from the tutorial...because as I make the block I begin to see short cuts. 

So I now make the rabbits without any half-square triangles. The outlined sections in the blue bunny shows the changes. 

For the top rectangle (outlined), I take a 2 by 2.75 inch rectangle of light blue and sew a 1.25 inch square of background to make a flip triangle at the top and a 2 inch square of background to make a flip triangle at the bottom. 

For the bottom rectangle (outlined), I take a 2 by 4.25 inch rectangle of light blue and sew a 2 inch square background to make a flip triangle at the bottom. 


Meanwhile, the foster kittens went back to the shelter for their surgery and adoption. But before they left, Taylor was able to spend some time in the sewing room beating up the bunny puppet.

4 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

It has been a delight to share the kittens time at Kitten University, thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

That bunny puppet looked at him wrong. He won't be doing that again!

Vicki W said...

Oh, you are free again!

Julierose said...

WOW--bunnies running every which way...so cute!! hugs, Julierose