I'm back to the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge! And today's task seemed easy enough. I figured I would lay the seahorses out on the design wall and see if I had enough of each color or if a color was missing. I think it would be nice to have some true blue seahorses and maybe some of the fuschia or magenta variety. I also experimented with layout. In this case, seahorses touching noses are directly above seahorses that are back to back.
Here's a revised layout where seahorses in each column are facing in the same direction.
And here's Molly's suggestion for a layout.
I also realized that I have to remake some of the seahorses. I revised the pattern midstream, so the earlier seahorses have square tail tips and bulbous noses. If you want to see what others are pulling together, visit the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.
I also made a couple more arches for the pickle dish quilt. And yes, these are paper pieced.
I am using the pattern out of Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance. I trace the arc onto deli wrap paper. In some cases, Molly takes the arc and runs off with it. I then get it back before (or after) she tears a hole in it. Then I sew small strips of fabric across the arc, trimming away as usual for paper piecing.