Sunday, January 1, 2017

First En Provence Block and Piglets

Here's my first En Provence block from Bonnie Hunter's mystery challenge. Once I got the new components made, I couldn't resist making a block. Well, I made four but three are waiting for me at the ironing board. Next I have to figure out how the half-size version works out...because I already seem to be low on half square triangles.

I also made the last bunch of piglets that I need to fill out the quilt top I laid out yesterday.

And Molly and Buddy didn't make too many changes to the layout. They seem to be having a bit of a disagreement about how much tilt to give to each pig. Several of the pigs appear to be in a nose dive.



9 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

I love the red addition to your En Provence. I have a day ahead of me where ot will get my full attention.

Vireya said...

Your En Provence block looks brilliant. Wow!

Charlene S said...

I love your last batch of piglets. Makes me want to add these to my to-do list. What one more project!

gayle said...

That's even more higgledy piggledy than MY quilt! Good thing you've got those helpers to steer you right!
Love your En Provence. I need to get crackin' on components - I spent a couple of hours yesterday on it, but mostly cutting which doesn't look very accomplishment-y...

Cathy said...

Oh wow, I think I love your En Provence block way more than the original plan. And that’s a hard thing to do (substitute colors) when you don’t know exactly what the plan is! Given the cats’ layout adjustment, you have obviously used the expression “when pigs fly” with them before.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderful, wonderful En Provence block and I can't wait to see all the blocks together, - including the half blocks!! Your fabric choices have made this a stunner.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it!

Sue SA said...

Your block looks great, hopefully you find a stash of HST hidden somewhere, so you dont run out too soon!

Lisa S. said...

I love how your En Provence is turning out!