Monday, January 23, 2017

Binding Deadlines

The piglet quilt is quilted and now I am sewing on the binding. I am hoping to finish it in time to meet the deadline to enter it into a quilt show. Deadlines are great motivators. Unfortunately, because I have so much help in the sewing room, I get over confident that I can get more done in less time.

For example, here is Molly showing me how to make binding. In fact, she offered to provide a tutorial for your learning enjoyment. To cut your binding, she recommends carefully laying out the fabric before cutting the strips.

You really need to pay close attention to every step in the process with no distractions.

Oh well...never mind.

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What can I say about these three photographs of Molly - they are a hoot!!! The look on her face is priceless.
Oh, tell her I love her choice for binding, she has chosen fabric in shades of my favourite colour.

gayle said...

Obviously it's necessary to check both sides of the fabric! Such diligence in one so young!