Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Juggling

Here are nine of Bonnie Hunter's En Provence mystery blocks. And yes, I saw a section was turned upside down...so I picked it out and sewed it back in the right position. The next step is to add the pieced sashing.

Molly and Buddy prefer a less static layout.

Buddy thinks the sewing room has turned into a pig sty.

Today I started the left facing uphill piglets. This time I thought further ahead, so I cut the rectangles so that I would sew the bias of the triangle to the pig's feet. I explain how I make the tilt in the I-spy tutorial. But basically the rectangle is marked one half inch down on one side and one half inch up on the other side, then sliced on the diagonal from those marked points.

And yes, I am still making pickle dish wedges.

3 comments:

gayle said...

I don't care what Molly and Buddy say - I like your layout of En Provence better. (Please don't tell them...)
I cut my 'hills' so the pigs were sewn to the bias parts, too. I figured my life would be a whole lot easier if I had the edges of the blocks on the grain.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is why I don't have a design wall - things would be on the floor all the time. I so want to make a pickle dish this year.

Sue SA said...

Molly and Buddy rule the roost, floor and wall! Loving the wiggly pigs running around.