Friday, January 6, 2017

Mounds of piglets

Today I spent the whole day in the garden moving mounds of dirt. Then I planted all kinds of grasses. Some pigs wanted grass with a bit of olive while others preferred blue-green overtones. But I didn't mind because the piglets are so much happier running up and down hills. And yes, I have to thank that brilliant Gayle at mangofeet for thinking to put the piglets on a tilt and giving them so much life.

I had to give them labels so I could keep track of where each one went.

And I'm certain that now that I have them all so carefully laid out on the floor that they will stay that way until I can sew them together.

8 comments:

floribunda said...

ever the optimist!

gayle said...

As long as they don't start chasing the kitties, you're golden...

Sue SA said...

LOL, did Buddy and Molly get that memo?! The pigs look awesome. One day I am going to get my head around the "webbing" thing that Bonnie Hunter does - to help stitch blocks in the right order. Your head might make more sense of the process then mine if you check her blog...my Dad wasn't an engineer!

Ariane said...

OMG! This is so adorable!!!

MissPat said...

Bravo. Did you lock up Molly and Buddy or are they on a kitty retreat?

PaulaB quilts said...

Sally, you did a remarkable job with those piglets. Are you going to stand over them with a bat all night in case those two intruders make up their minds to destroy your masterpiece. Good thing you have them labeled. Lots of luck with the finish.

Frances Meredith said...

Well done Gayle. The little mounds make it.

Rebecca said...

Just found your blog and sent it to friends who do lots of donation quilts for kids and are often working with scraps... neat tutorials! Thank you