Saturday, January 28, 2017

Purple cow and Hidden Gems

Purple cow had her ear surgery and is now quite happy to join the last week of January's Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. She also thought I should mention that she is wearing yellow as an accessory to her purpleness because it is purple's complementary color. This is following a method that Cathy of Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilts has used for many of her RSC projects.

I also had to make pinwheels with half square triangles because I love the Hidden Gems quilt that Chantal made over at At the Corner of Scraps and Quilts.

And here is Molly one year ago. At this point she was a solo kitten because her brother Typhoon (now Buddy) was at the local animal shelter working very hard not to get adopted. 

16 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice selection of PURPLE scraps used!!

scraphappy said...

The yellow looks great with purple. What a sweet little bull -- bulls have horns, right?

Kathy S. said...

How now, PURPLE cow? LOVE the cow!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Kathy S. said...

Well done... no pun intended. LOL

gayle said...

I remember that - poor Buddy had to work really really hard in order to get to come back home. It takes a lot of extra effort when you're as cute as he is. (And obviously he missed his adorable big sister, as who wouldn't?)
Love love love that purple cow, and I've been making those pinwheel blocks, too, after seeing them on Chantal's blog over the last couple of years.

Quilter Kathy said...

I thought your title said "hidden germs"! You can tell it's flu and cold season here!
Great purple blocks!

Cathy said...

Ok. Hope no one else has said it...udderly delightful! And that's definitely a complement!!

Kat Scribner said...

the kitten is gorgeous and the cow is just adorable, it makes me smile. I am doing a hidden gems too. I got the bug on that one the minute i saw it.

Nell's Quilts said...

Must be a Texas longhorn. Great colour combination. That Hidden Gems quilt was a beauty.

claudia said...

So glad the purple cow had her/his surgery and is "on the mend". Get it?? HaHa, okay I'll stop! The pinwheels are great. Love the purples you have.
Molly is adorable!

Ariane said...

OMG! Your purple cow is adorable!! You are so creative! Your pinwheel blocks look great as well!

Mary said...

Has Molly decided to keep the cow's front legs glued together? A little spacing might be nice.

Cathy said...

I'm so glad you didn't mention Typhoon's criminal past. Buddy is a model cat! And you can see the greatness in Kitten Molly. I just love your complementary cow (and that squirrel too!) Will there be patterns?

Edith said...

I love these purple animals, just had a look at the sheep and chicken, they are going to make for a great quilt. Molly is an adorable helper.

Betty C said...

Hey! I was going to say how now purple cow and you beat me to it Cathy S!

TheItinerantChemist said...

Oooo, how cool is your cow? Reminds me of the Milka cow (like the chocolate) - yum!