Monday, September 3, 2018

Machine Quilting

Quilts can definitely be an endless work in progress. I am adding more quilting to the calendar owl quilt (AKA Parliament), before I submit it to the NW Quilting Expo. It was accepted, but as I was taking a picture of it for submission, I thought it could use more quilting. I tend toward less is more, but in this case I thought a little more would be more.

And yes, this is almost a textbook picture of Feline Physics. With entropy, neatly stacked spools become a mass of cat toys. Also, as I began machine quilting the owl quilt, I discovered a spool of thread (a real spool, not its patchwork representation) was missing. I looked all over for it...even under the bed. I decided this wasn't entropy, but cat crime. You can thank Buddy (cat version) for both demonstrations. I did find the spool the next day, but without the help of a confession.

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Ha - I have the same kitty scrabble if I don't cover stacks with a towel. The favorite quilting tool to steal around here is the seam ripper. I had 4 and can't find a single one.

Barbara said...

I think Buddy is a visionary. He’s worked out the perfect layout for your spools.

gayle said...

Buddy's made interesting use of color in his arrangement. I like how the cools are mostly centered, while the warms frame them in a big spiral. Very modern!

suzanprincess said...

ROTFLMAO...at the thought of a cat apologizing! Why would Buddy even consider that since he only took his own spool? Cat + object = MINE!

A friend gave me a tote with One Cat Short of Crazy Cat Lady printed on it, and I'm adopting not one but two kittens in a couple weeks. I'm a little anxious about the coming interactions with them and the yarn and fabric and knick knacks I've grown to think of as mine for the last few years, with current 7+ years old cats uninterested in the boring stuff that doesn't move.

Cathy said...

My cats never confess to stealing thread, but usually leave a trail of evidence all around the sewing room floor. And the chairs, sometimes up the stairs and around the kitchen table...you get the idea. I’ve learned to cover my pin cushions and safety pins, but the spools I often forget. Oh, and today I got home from Weight Watchers (about 10:30am) and Alfie was outside, yowling at the back door to get in. WTF?! Neither Bruce (who was home today) nor I know how he got out, and Alfie’s not talking...

QuiltGranma said...

Oh, wouldn't it be interesting/fun to know the thoughts of cats? To be able to understand their words? Communication is the key! BUDDY, MOLLY!

Mystic Quilter said...

Very thoughtful layout of spools by Buddy!!

Louise said...

Angel doesn't play much anymore. At 17 years old, she's pretty sedentary. But woe to any rumpled up fabric left lying around, because it looks like a litter box to her :(