Saturday, September 8, 2018

Finances

Today I am moving on to financial matters. In particular, I thought it was time to consolidate my financial investments into a single instrument rather than hold these coins in separate purses by color. I also constructed the black and white border to contain the portfolio. Of course, this is just a fraction of the coin inventory.

I have been making these blocks as part of the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge and stole the block from Cathy at the Sane, Crazy, Crumby quilts. It's not quite obvious in this picture, but the blocks are 3 by 14 patches. Each rectangle is 1.5 by 2.5 inches.

I think Molly approves of my progress because she let me take her picture. She has spent a lot of time in adorable poses lately, but is less obliging when I have a camera at hand.

And this is a flashback to an earlier time with Buddy who was named Typhoon at the shelter. After about two weeks in foster care, he was willing to come out of hiding when I was in the room, but I had to stay well away. More recently, he has become quite full of himself and wants us to call him Magnanimous Warrior. He also wants to spend the day viewing his domain from his chariot. I, of course, tell him I'm not a chariot and ponies pull the chariot and don't get to sit in it.


7 comments:

gayle said...

I'm always amazed at how much you get done, considering the distractions - Molly taunting you with her adorableness and Buddy squashing you with his ponyness...

julieQ said...

I actually need to do that same thing, consolidate several retirement accounts into one....what lovely helpers you have!!

Cathy said...

Oh good. I've been saving mine up and was banking on you to figure out what to do with them.

Vireya said...

All those consolidated assets look great together!

QuiltGranma said...

wow, just wow! the quilt, the kitties! wow!

Louise said...

Those coins look like a million bucks! And that's a LOT of coins :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Let me just say that I really admire your portfolio! Your little coins have indeed turned into a great treasure!