Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Here are some more vintage spin blocks. So far I'm not planning much--just grabbing fabric that I liked but never used and then finding that fabric a friend. Kathy Doughty calls this Vintage Spin in her book Adding Layers. I guess these fabrics qualify as vintage because I'm vintage and quite a few of these fabrics have been in my stash a long time.
This does not mean that I'm neglecting the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge quilts. I have both the fish and cranes laid out on the design wall (temporarily behind the vintage spin blocks) and am feverishly getting them sewn together. I admit it's a bit dangerous having them out at the same time. Also, I received many suggestions for adding a cat to the fish quilt, and I am seriously considering it, despite a deep intuitive sense that it couldn't possibly end well.

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

All the fabrics in your Vintage blocks are so different - I love them. You must have a really good fabric stash tucked away at your place!

Cathy said...

I spy vintage giraffe parts.

Julierose said...

I think it would morph into a CAT quilt--with no fish in sight lol hug--love your vintage spin blocks hugs, Julierose