Friday, December 2, 2022

Part 2 of Bonnie Hunter Mystery Chilhowie


 Here are a few of the units from Part 2 of Bonnie Hunter's new mystery challenge Chilhowie. This quilt has a white for the neutral background, a persimmon-type orange as a medium, teal for the dark and coral for the light. And if you are keeping score, so far we have only used up about 20 percent of the neutral/white fabric but have used about 50 percent of the dark. Fascinating!


Today was a bit traumatic for Buddy. A comment on the last post suggested that he might have been responsible for scrabbling the strips and causing numerous errant strip sets. He could barely take a serious beauty nap because of all the laughter from Molly.


She was laughing at me, not Buddy. Molly insisted that I show the mess next to the sewing machine. She suspects that if Buddy did start moving strips around, the pile could only get neater given my strips are as close to absolute chaos as possible. But I do appreciate the assumption that I work in an orderly way and that only a cat could cause human error.


3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, those quilting cats! I had a new member join me in my studio. Rosie is a 7 month gray tiger who loves sleeping on my arms as I type and watching quilting videos. Who knew there were cats like that. I have to get some photos on my blog so your crew can make comments.

Vireya said...

Part 2 is looking good!

gayle said...

Well, you can just look in Buddy's eyes and know that his middle name is probably Loki.
Bonnie's mystery is just killing me this year - she's using my favorite colors (purple! orange!) and I'm off on an extended visit with my kids with no access to my stash or sewing machine. Luckily my children are very entertaining, and I've got the clues saved for when I get back home.